Your journey of self-discovery begins here.
- Write down an area of your life where you do not feel like you have a choice (I.e., job, role, relationship...any area where you feel like your choices are limited).
- Write down at least three alternative options - no matter how outlandish or unrealistic.*
- Select the option(s) from the full list that make you feel the most peaceful or joyful.
If your choice is different than the thing that you are already doing, you are now consciously aware that you have chosen to do what you are currently doing by making the choice not to do the other things. Do not get mired in the reasons for your choice at this moment; for now, just experience and appreciate your awareness.
- Write down an experience or area of your life where you feel "vulnerable" or anxious and answer the following:
- Is the antagonist or "enemy" in my situation someone outside of myself?
- Do I wish to express anything other than love, empathy, kindness, humility or gratitude?
- Do I hope for, even secretly or deep down, a particular response and/or any response at all?